Is your commercial flat roof leaking? Have you observed any indications that it may require repair? If this is the case, don't be concerned. Roof repairs are commonplace and to be expected.
Flat roofing is a popular choice for commercial buildings because they are more accessible and less expensive to maintain than sloped roofs.
But they are prone to wear and tear. Although flat roofs are sturdy, you must repair them at some point in their existence.
And when the time for repairs comes, it's essential to be prepared financially.
Each roof is unique, so it's difficult to predict how much anything will cost until work begins, but we can assist you by examining the factors that go into commercial roof repair prices.
This blog will discuss how much commercial roofing repairs cost and give you some tips on the most common causes of roof repairs.
We'll also explain why you should have a commercial roof repair company regularly seal your flat roof.
Flat Commercial Roofs
Although roofs may seem straightforward and practical, the primary function is to maintain the watertight integrity of a building so that it will always be dry.
Flat or low-slope commercial roofing options have been around for a long time and are not as simple as they used to be. In the last few decades, the selection available has grown considerably.
Flat roofing is an excellent choice for businesses in the Hudson Valley area. It is cost-effective, versatile, and allows elements to be installed on the roof for building functionality.
What Causes Flat Roofs to Leak?
Occasionally, there are simple repair solutions to roof problems.
For example, getting standing (or pooling) water off your roof faster can help. The more water that is sitting on that roof, the easier it'll be for it to find an opening somewhere and trickle into your property.
If you see any mold or mildew on your commercial building, it's a sign that water is getting in somewhere.
The same goes if you notice any stains on the walls or ceilings that can’t be explained away with leaky pipes—you likely have a leak in your roof that requires repair.
When to Replace or Repair a Flat Roof
If your flat roof is more than 15 years old, you should probably replace it. Especially if the repair expenses are hefty, you might find the cost to repair outweighs the cost of a new flat roof. TPO membranes are commonly used on flat roofs in the Hudson Valley nowadays.
A TPO roof's life expectancy is 15-25 years, depending on its condition. The average roof repair cost is $5-$10 per square foot or $9000-$18000 for an 1800 square foot roof.
Once the cost of repairs on an aging flat roof begins to rise, as well as the yearly upkeep expenditures, you may want to look into replacing your roof.
TPO Membrane Roofing
The costs of commercial roof sealing using TPO membrane roofing are comparable to other commercial roof materials. Still, they have an advantage in that they are more environmentally friendly than many other commercial roofing materials.
This commercial roofing material is made from recycled plastic and rubber. It is also resistant to UV radiation, tears, and chemical degradation.
Prokol's waterproof coating helps prevent ice from sticking to the surface, and it's fire-resistant too. Thanks to its durable, all-weather formula, you can also use it on stairs and floors.
Prokol created this product to be long-lasting protection against water. It's the go-to option for highly-knowledgeable roofers.
Having your roof sealed with a high-quality protective coating is crucial to getting more out of your flat roof. We offer excellent protective coatings from Prokol's line of environmentally-friendly seamless products.
How Much Should I Budget for Commercial Roof Repair Costs?
As a business owner, you know that a solid roof for your commercial property is essential to keep your business—and investment safe. Every roof will need maintenance, or it can cause serious issues.
A commercial roof repair company can help with your commercial flat or sloped roofing needs. It's important to budget for commercial building maintenance so you can keep your business running smoothly.
Regular commercial roof inspections can help you track how much money you need to budget, as you will be prepared for any upcoming roofing issues, such as wear and tear or the appearance of cracks.
What are the Most Common Flat Roof Repairs?
- Vent and Chimney Leaks: There are a few things you should know when it comes to roof penetrations and leaks. The flat roof flashing might have been installed incorrectly or deteriorated over time because of tension and outside elements. The leaking area should be repaired, regardless of the reason. Each breach repair costs between $600 and $1500 on average. It's challenging to determine which penetration is leaking, so you may end up redoing all of them, which can add up.
- Punctured Membrane: Your flat roof will develop holes in the membrane for a variety of reasons, even if you have taken all possible precautions. All punctures require the use of flat roof repair cement in the damaged region and the surrounding area. Repairs for a punctured membrane typically cost between $700 and $4000.
- Drainage Problems: This can sometimes be a simple fix and just requires the removal of debris from the drains. Debris such as twigs, branches, leaves, and dirt can block the gutters and water back onto the roof. Water then sits on your roof and can become a significant issue.
- Seam Leaks: Roof seams on a flat roof membrane tend to contract and expand with temperature changes. The seams eventually separate, allowing for the formation of leaky regions on flat roofs. Flat roof membranes are easy to repair. Over time, you will probably see more seams leak, which may point to the replacement of the membrane at some point. Repairs to seams are generally straightforward. A typical flat roof with seam repairs over its lifespan will cost $800 to $2000.
Membrane tears are the most frequent source of flat roof leaks. A skilled roofing contractor will cut out the affected membrane and the area around it and install patching material to seal the leak. The cost for this type of commercial roof repair ranges from $400 to $2000, depending on the size of the tear.
The expense of repairing a flat roof solely is determined by the degree of damage and how big the area is. For flat roof repairs, you may anticipate paying anything from $900 to $6000, and, with increased repair requirements as the roof ages, it may be more practical to replace the roof. The average price of a new roof installation is up to $13,000.
By knowing what common repairs are and their associated costs, you can plan for future expenses. It's essential to have a commercial roofing company do an annual inspection of your building to prevent any potential damage from happening in the first place.
Patching up smaller tears and other minor repairs to your flat roof could cost you anywhere between $200-700. Significant damages can run beyond $1000, especially when structural damage has occurred. Remember to check your roof regularly for problems like tears, holes, and leaks to mitigate water damage.
If you do so any of these issues, promptly get them fixed by contacting MM Dynamic of NY, so we can send our qualified professionals to repair and extend the lifespan of your roof.
The success of any commercial roofing project largely depends on the expertise of the individual or company performing the repair. For this reason, it's crucial to have a professional who has experience working with both flat and sloped roofs.
You can also mitigate significant water damage with regular inspections of your roof. Leaving roof maintenance to chance can cost you more money because mold may form if your commercial structure suffers from water damage, and the repairs will be more extensive.
Contact our experts at MM Dynamic of NY if you are searching for quality flat roofing services or commercial roof replacement services. We have the experience and knowledge to help you with all your commercial flat or sloped roofing needs.
When it comes time to repair a commercial roof, the first thought that comes to mind is the cost. Estimating your commercial repair cost might seem daunting.
Costs for commercial roof repair depend on the type of roof you have and the materials needed, among other things.
Here are some estimates:
- For example, breach repair costs between $600 and $1500 on average.
- Repairs for a punctured membrane typically cost between $700 and $4000.
- Patching up smaller tears and other minor repairs to your flat roof could cost you anywhere between $200-700.
The bottom line is that commercial roof repairs come at some cost. And you want a high-quality roof repair company on your side.
Contact our experts at MM Dynamic of NY if you are searching for quality flat roofing services or commercial roof replacement services.
11 Satten Ln
Leave a Reply